Back to Summer!

I will never forget all of the great memories that I have made in Argentina. To say a really enjoyed my ability to push myself and grow as a well rounded person would be an understatement. Since I’ve been back, many people are curious about my trip, but explaining every element in exact detail is impossible. I cannot possible create the same atmosphere for them that I experiences without them being there. Pictures help as I enthusiastically tell stories. I taught my friends and family how to make empanadas and brought back alfajores for them to be able to taste what I tasted. Videos allowed them to hear what I heard, but there is still no comparison.

Image

“As a child, I dreamed of changing the world.”

My biggest caution as I try to recreate my experience for them is not generalizing or stereotyping. During my trip to Argentina, I did my best to be a positive ambassador for the United States. I helped people work through perceptions of the U.S. and its people. I tried to break down generalizations and build a more detailed picture of what my experiences have been growing up in this country. Now, I have the same duty to achieve the other way around. I cannot stress enough that my experience is limited. I only know what I saw, heard, felt, touched, smelled, tasted, and experienced in seven quick weeks. My experiences are based through my filter of the world in who I am and this point in my life. I was truly blessed to have the ability to explain my perception of the world.

Image

Jenni loving her new high fashion scarf!

I am excited to be home and make the most of the two weeks of summer I will have this year. I enjoy swapping stories with my friends and giving them little gifts or memories that reminded me of them. Being with the people that you love is an amazing experience. For those who know me well, they have probably heard my firm belief the humans were not created to live alone. Networking is an integral part of who we are. I focus a lot on respect. Based on my experiences in the world people are very responsive to kind intentions. Very rarely will something bad happen to you when you are doing something good. Choosing your attitude and acknowledging you perspective is crucial. I acknowledge that my view of the world is unique compared to anyone else. As I continue to grow, I learn how to better interact with people by having an open mind and giving heart. Now, I have a new group of friends and some amazing memories that will stay with me and shape my view of the world for the rest of my life. I hope to never cease to learn and continue to widen my view of the world.

Chau for now!

Cain

One thought on “Back to Summer!