A Day to Relax!

My time in Argentina has been so busy. I feel as though I have no time to stop and think. We have had so many excursions and wonderful outings to learn new things. My brain feels like it may explode at any moment. Might I add that I am learning all this new information in another language as well. So it adds on to my tiredness.

I finally had a whole day to relax and practically do nothing. Of course there was still learning involved but it was not as intensive as the previous outings. We got to attend a Gaucho Party. We rode a bus to an Estancia, in the middle of nowhere and had a relaxing day. The folks who lived their prepared lunch for us. We had carne asada, which is a type of cooked meat. It was delicious. We also had green salad and potato salad. They served us wine and soda to drink.

Image

After lunch we got to ride horses. I love horses and haven’t rode one since I was little. So this was treat for me. This house is surrounded by fields, but for some reason we could only ride around the yard. So there wasn’t very much room to explore. I think it’s because we had such a big group and they didn’t have enough horses for everyone plus the guides. But it was still fun anyways. My horse was ready to run once I got on him. So we made due with the small space that we had.

Image

Later we got to watch a Gaucho dance. It was very interesting. The movements that they do and the passion that is involved was great to watch. The guys were very protective of their girls and one guy even stabbed a knife into the ground to scare some other guys off. It was an eventful day and we even got to see the city from the outside on our way back. All the other times that we had left the city I was sleeping. So this was the first time in 4 weeks that I had actually seen the city from outside city limits!

Melissa

Image

Image

3 thoughts on “A Day to Relax!

1. I’ve attended the gaucho party, and I know what you mean about food, relaxation, resting the brain but still learning. I loved the dancing–passionate, expressive, entertaining. I’m so glad my WOU students are having the opportunity to experience Argentina. Michele

2. I totally understand what you mean by feeling like your brain might explode. All these new experiences, new language, classes… It’s this amazing experience that you want to grasp a hold of, and then at the end of each day you just collapse! It’s simply amazing 🙂

3. This looks amazing! I’m so glad you were able to relax for a day :). Think about how much your language skills are improving! It will make the headaches and fatigue way worth it <3