Farewell Paris

About to head home, trying to get all that last sight seeing and souvenir buying in. Its so sad to leave after meeting so many people, granted they were mostly the people in the program. We just had our farewell dinner with all the staff and students of the program. I’m trying not to think about the fact that I probably wont see these people again. But looking back on my pre departure post, things turned out a lot different than I thought they would, but not in a bad way. I did indeed go to all the tourist spots and did all the important sight seeing, but surprisingly didn’t go to that many museums. Something that I wish I would have done earlier in my trip is getting to know more locals, all the Parisians that I met I didn’t meet till the last week, and it was pretty sad to tell them we had been there for a month but were about to leave. I was also really lazy with my french until the end of the trip, it was just so easy to revert back to English. I am however very happy with all the pastries and different foods that I tried. But there are still so many that I didn’t try. But I still cant wait to go home, although I’m going to miss Paris and all the walking.

Lauren

One thought on “Farewell Paris

1. I appreciated your post and your honest, reflective observations about yourself. Sometimes getting to know the locals happens over time and can be more challenging with short term study abroad programs. Even though you’re looking forward to coming home, you’ll likely find yourself missing the simple things once you arrive back in the U.S. –the new friends you made, walking everywhere, and eating fabulous pastries–there’s simply nothing as delicious as French pastries!