Arriving in Barcelona

Hola everyone,

My arrival to Barcelona went really smoothly. I went from PDX to Philadelphia, and then on to Barcelona. There were no delays and only minor turbulence, the little kids on the plane were unusually quiet and well-behaved, my luggage did not get lost, and my flight from Philadelphia had TV’s on the back of every seat so I could watch 21 Jump Street and Arrested Development reruns.

And then I had no problem finding the CIS people who were supposed to pick me up. They got a taxi for me and another intern and sent us off to our respective apartments, and on the way we got to see a lot of the city, which is absolutely beautiful. So, basically, it was like the smoothest flight ever.

I like my new apartment, which I share with three other students. My room is small but nice. It’s on the fifth story and has a little balcony that I think I’m going to love sitting onĀ and people-watching. Things are smaller in Spain. The shower is small, the rooms are small, the elevator could barely fit me and my luggage, but I’m not that big of a person so it works out fine.

In short: arrival went well and it was amazing to finally be in Barcelona. Then the severe culture shock, jet lag, splitting headaches, dizziness, and bouts of nausea set in. And I got lost a lot. But that’s all another story; my point is, arriving at the airport and my apartment was good.

Hasta Luego,

Cicely

(I still can’t figure out how to add photos. Any help please?)

One thought on “Arriving in Barcelona

1. Hope the jet lag is starting to ease up a bit. No matter how much one travels, it seems there’s always some of that time change adjustment. Your apartment sounds lovely, especially the balcony. You’re right, things tend to be smaller in Spain, but you’ll be surprised at how quickly you adapt. I love Spain, and I envy your opportunity to sit on your balcony and people watch! Regarding posting photos, click on the Joining and Using WordPress menu item at the top of the blog and you’ll find complete instructions. If you still have difficulties, send them to me as an email attachment along with the caption you want me to include, and I’ll post them for you. Michele