How to apply
To apply for the SEP you must meet the following criteria:
Qualify in at least one of the following ways:
- Be a “first-generation” undergraduate college student. (Neither of your parents has a Bachelor’s degree)
- Meet federal financial eligibility requirements.
- Have a documented physical or learning disability.
Also, to have applied or plan to apply to Western Oregon University
- Incoming freshman
- Transfer students
- Continuing WOU students
This application will take about 15 minutes to complete, not including the two essays. At the end of this application, you will need to include responses to the following two essay prompts. Each response should be a minimum of 1,000 characters long, including spaces. You may want to complete them before beginning the application:
- What SEP services would you be most interested in receiving? What interests you most about the services you selected and how will they benefit you? (See the SEP website (wou.edu/sep) for more details on the services we provide.)
- Tell us about your greatest challenges, academically and/or personally. How do you think these challenges might impact your college experience?
Apply Here! PDF Application
Summer Bridge Program
Summer Bridge is a week long orientation program before new student week. The Summer Bridge Program “bridges” the gap between high school and college. You will earn 2 credits, meet new students, live on campus, get comfortable with Western Oregon University before the fall term, and have access to peer advising and WOU resources.
If you are interested in applying to our Summer Bridge Program, please go to our Summer Bridge Page and fill out the application (due July 31st)!