How to apply
To apply for the SEP you must meet the following criteria:
Qualify in at least one of the following ways:
- Be a “first-generation” undergraduate college student. (Neither of your parents has a Bachelor’s degree)
- Meet federal financial eligibility requirements.
- Have a documented physical or learning disability.
Also, to have applied or plan to apply to Western Oregon University
- Incoming freshman
- Transfer students
- Continuing WOU students
This application will take about 15 minutes to complete, not including the two essays. At the end of this application, you will need to include responses to the following two essay prompts. Each response should be a minimum of 1,000 characters long, including spaces. You may want to complete them before beginning the application:
- What SEP/TPSSS services would you be most interested in receiving? What interests you most about the services you selected and how will they benefit you? (See the SEP website (wou.edu/sep) or the TPSSS website (wou.edu/tpsss) for more details on the services we provide.)
- Tell us about your greatest challenges, academically and/or personally. How do you think these challenges might impact your college experience?
Summer Bridge/Destination Western Program
Destination Western is a two-week residential program designed to help students build the skills needed to succeed in college-level writing and math. Participants will take two non-credit courses throughout the two week program in small groups, as well as participate in academic activities, workshops, and social events! Eligible students also have the opportunity to earn a $1000 wage replacement stipend OR one free first-year seminar (FYS) class remitted during the academic year.
Priority Deadline to Apply is August 1, 2021
Find more info and the application link at wou.edu/destinationwestern