Academic Complaints & Concerns:

What is the complaint/concern about? Processes / options
  • Grading
  • Assignments
  • Syllabus
  • Academic advising
  • Other course- or academic-related conduct that impacts learning
Academic Complaint Process
  • Bullying and/or abusive behavior 1
Academic Complaint Process
(beginning at Step 3: College Dean)
  • Program admission
Academic Complaint Process
(beginning at Step 3: College Dean)


Other complaint / concern reporting processes at WOU:

What is the complaint/concern about? Processes / options
Notify Human Resources Office

– or –

Submit a Bias Incident Report Form

Sexual or Relationship Violence Submit a Sexual or Relationship Violence Report Form

Click here for additional reporting options, resources, and other information related to sexual misconduct/harassment/violence

Any concerns about:

  • A student’s mental state or well being
  • Disruptive or inappropriate behaviors in the classroom or on campus
  • A student who you believe poses a threat to himself/herself or others
Contact the Student Affairs Office: 503-838-8221 | | Werner University Center, Room 203

– or –

Submit a Student of Concern Form

An incident of bias 2 Bias Incident Report Form

Not sure which process to use? Contact the Student Affairs Office for assistance: 503-838-8221 | | Werner University Center, Room 203


Students making a complaint are protected from retaliation. Employees found to have engaged in retaliatory action or conduct will be subject to discipline, up to and including dismissal.


1 For the Academic Complaint Process, bullying or abusive behaviors include: threatening or intimidating behavior or words (written or oral); obscenities/profanities (verbal or gestures) directed at a person; threatening or obscene gestures, jokes, or cartoons; degrading a person or a group on the basis of a personal or cultural characteristic; taunting, jeering, mocking, or humiliating another person through acts or words; screaming and/or yelling at others; insulting someone, especially in the presence of others; or endangering the safety of an individual or individuals.


2 For the Bias Incident Report Form, an “incident of bias” is defined as “an act of conduct, speech, or expression that targets an individual or group based on their actual or perceived race/color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation.”



Office of Academic Affairs

503-838-8271 | or e-mail: | Location: Lieuallen Administration Building, Room 202