Office of International Education & Development


Changes or Updates to Immigration Documents

International students are required to keep all immigration documents up-to-date and current. If a student has a change of name, address, major, program end date on I-20 or DS-2019, new educational level, financial information, number of dependents, or needs a new immigration document, then they must complete the appropriate form and/or meet with an international student advisor.


  • Change of Address: International students must update OIED within 10 days of changing their address. When a student updates their address through their WolfWeb account that changes it in the WOU Banner systems but not the SEVIS immigration system. Alternatively, students could also fill out the online form.
  • Change of Major: Students must get approval to change their major and have it updated on their immigration record before changing it with WOU.
  • Extend I-20 Program End Date: A student who is making progress towards their degree but needs more time to complete their program may request an extension of their I-20 Program End Date.
  • Reprint I-20 or DS-2019 RequestIf the I-20 or DS-2019 is lost, damaged, financial information changes, name changes, etc. a student can request that a new one be printed. Alternatively, students could also fill out the online form.
  • Reinstatement of F-1 Immigration Status: When a student fails to maintain their immigration status, his/her SEVIS record will be terminated. If a student with a terminated record wants to continue studying at WOU, they must apply for reinstatement with USCIS using the I-539 form.

Education Level

Students attending WOU at one level (ex: undergraduate) may apply and be accepted to a program at a different level (ex: graduate).

Change of Status

Individuals who do not have U.S. citizenship or permanent residency must obtain an F-1 or J-1 visa in order to maintain lawful non-immigrant student status.

Adding Dependents (F-2 visa holders)

F-1 students in good standing with immigration may request to add a spouse or child (children) to their immigration record as F-2 dependent(s).

If you have any inquiries or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact an international student advisor for assistance.

Rest assured, we are here to support you in navigating immigration updates and changes. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at