Charge: The University Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee (UDIAC) is a presidential advisory committee charged with recommending and supporting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) priorities for each academic year that are rooted in our core institutional values and are informed by our university diversity action plan and the needs of the university community.
1. Update the University Diversity Action Plan, as needed, and provide leadership in operationalizing WOU’s DEIA values. The board statement on DEIA specifically states: The Board of Trustees expects the University to account for its intentional and purposeful elevation of diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, and cultural competence as core institutional values. The Board of Trustees expects multiple avenues of reinforcing demonstrable accountability to ensure the University does not lose sight of the essential imperative of a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible enterprise.
2. Facilitate two subcommittees:
- Cultural competence
- In collaboration with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, brainstorm form and coordinate DEIA professional development opportunities for the university in accordance with House Bill 2864
- In collaboration with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, develop evaluation, survey, and other metric tools to assess needs, initiatives, programs, etc. regarding DEIA
3. Periodically evaluate the progress and success of DEIA initiatives that:
- support a safe and welcoming environment
- recruit and retain a diverse university community
- provides full and equitable access to higher education.
4. Develop and maintain a UDIAC website for activities, archives of meetings and reports, and the University Diversity Action Plan.
5. Submit periodic updates to the President, University Council, and shared governance groups.
Members: All members are appointed by the President based on recommendations from appropriate constituencies. Members of the committee represent administration, classified and unclassified exempt staff, faculty and students.
|Senior Leadership Council||one|
|Vice President, Finance & Administration||one|
|Vice President, Student Affairs||three|
|Provost & Vice President Academic Affairs||one|
|Dean, College of Education||one (link to college committee)|
|Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences||one (link to college committee)|
|Vice President & General Counsel||one|
|Marketing & Communications||one|