ALTERNATIVE FORMATS POLICY
Please review the information below to understand the procedures and policy in regard to requesting books, articles and documents in alternative format through the Office of Disability Services (ODS):
- The Office of Disability Services (ODS) provides alternative text formats for students who are approved alternative format accommodations with ODS.
- ODS converts text books, documents and articles to an alternative format (doc, pdf, braille, large print, audio, and more) upon student request.
- To request text books in an audio, doc, pdf, or other format, submit the Alternative Format Request form to ODS at least two (2) weeks in advance. Please contact ODS if you need assistance in filling out the form. The Alternative Format Request form is available in the ODS office.
- To request articles or documents in alternative format, email your article or document to email@example.com at least three (3) days in advance.
- Students must show proof of ownership of any text book that is submitted for alteration. Evidence of ownership includes the hard copy book or receipt showing purchase of the book.
- ODS will not cut the binding from books that are on loan or rented without permission from the loaning or renting entity.
- Processing Times:
(a) Text Books require two (2) weeks processing time
(b) Articles or documents require three (3) days processing time (c) ODS will notify you if they are not able to abide by the processing time
8. ODS welcome any questions, comments, or concerns you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact us.