January in Barcelona (4)

This week, my art class walked to the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya situated atop Montjuïc, one of the two highest hilltops in Barcelona. Not only was it awesome to see original pieces from the 20th century artists we’ve been studying, the views of the city were immaculate.
DSCN0452-Lo-Fi DSCN0454-Lo-Fi
We saw beautiful paintings from the Romantic, Realist, and Impressionist periods.DSCN0456-Lo-Fi
A Ramon Casas work: One of Barcelona’s most famous artists and one of the Els Quatre Gats (Four Cats).
As a mentor of young Picasso, he lead the Catalan art movement known as modernisme. DSCN0459-Lo-Fi DSCN0462-Lo-Fi DSCN0471-Lo-Fi DSCN0484-Lo-Fi DSCN0490-Lo-Fi
Snapshot from my walk home. It’s rare to find the Spanish flag here except on government buildings. The “state” of Catalonia’s independence movement is everywhere; the people’s pride and persistence is inspiring.
DSCN0500-Lo-Fi
After the field trip, I decided to go for a run. It was gorgeous. And weird at the same time. Mostly because I’m used to the most miserable NW January runs! Needless to say, the 20minute metro ride to the beach is beyond worth it.

photo-6-Lo-Fi
photo-4-Lo-Fi
photo-3-Lo-Fi