Rylie Horrall | Lifestyle Editor
As the year comes to a close, some graduates may find themselves wanting to have a movie binge night — whether it’s virtually with friends or in person with those they’re social distancing with. A great way to do this would be with some classic graduation films. Get cozy and check out the list of movies below.
- “Legally Blonde” (2001) (Amazon) — A woman beats the ditzy-blonde stereotype by attending law school and graduating at the top of her class at Harvard Law.
- “She’s All That” (1999) (Hulu, Showtime) — Popular guy and artsy girl make a bet to see if they can make the artsy girl prom queen.
- “High School Musical 3: Senior Year” (2008) (Disney+) — The gang’s ‘all in this together’ as they navigate their senior year and graduation.
- “Adventureland” (2009) (Hulu) — A college grad moves out to Europe for graduate school and falls for his amusement park co-worker.
- “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” (1986) (Netflix) — Right before graduation, a group of friends duck out of school for one last hurrah.
- “10 Things I Hate About You” (1999) (Hulu, Disney+) — A senior focused on finishing high school and going to college is set up with the new kid so that her little sister can go on a date.
- “Booksmart” (2019) (Hulu) — Two academically strong seniors try to catch up on the special moments from their teen years on the night before they graduate.
- “Accepted” (2006) (Hulu) — A fake university is set up by a senior to fool everyone into thinking he’s attending college, but then many other students also try to attend the nonexistent university.
- “Life of the Party” (2018) (Amazon) — A freshly dumped housewife returns to college for a journey of self-discovery.
- “Dazed and Confused” (1993) (Hulu) — Crazy shenanigans ensue on the last day of high school for a group of rowdy teenageers.
- “Into the Wild” (2007) (Hulu) — A recent college graduate donates all of his money and gets rid of his possessions before setting out on a journey in the Alaskan Wilderness.
- “Reality Bites” (1994) (Hulu) — A woman creates a documentary about herself and her friends after college.
- “The Social Network” (2010) (Netflix) — Following Mark Zuckerberg post-graduation and the creation of Facebook.
- “The Devil Wears Prada” (2006) (Amazon) — A college graduate with big dreams starts a job at a magazine firm as an assistant to a dubious editor.
- “Superbad” (2007) (Showtime) — Two best friends try to handle the last couple weeks of high school by throwing a giant house party.
- “The Graduate” (1967) (Hulu) — A recent college graduate moves back home with his parents and tries to navigate post-graduation life while avoiding the question, “what do you want to do with your life?”
Contact the author at email@example.com
Photo courtesy of Sony Pictures
Photo courtesy of Annapurna Pictures