If your immediate safety is at risk, if you are witnessing violence, or if you perceive imminent harm to yourself or others, please immediately dial 911 or call Campus Public Safety at 503-838-9000

Use this form to report an incident of bias if it is an act of conduct, speech, or expression that targets an individual or group based on their actual or perceived race/color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation.

All Bias Reports are directed to the Dean of Students. After submitting a bias incident report, the Dean of Students will evaluate the report and determine the appropriate route to address the issue (direct them to another office, consult with the CARE team, or manage individually. For example: 

  • Bias reports specific to faculty/staff typically go to Human Resources and their office determines the appropriate route. 
  • Bias reports specific to student behavior are reviewed by the office of Student Conduct, but can also be reviewed by the University CARE Team as well. 
  • Additional offices may be involved depending upon the issue. 
  • Bias reports can be submitted anonymously or you may provide your name and contact information.
  • Please keep in mind when an anonymous report is submitted, we are not able to follow up with the reporter. Anonymity is important and will continue to be an option on the form, and we will do everything we can to address the behavior reported. We are however, limited in all the things we can do without the ability to follow up with the reporter. 
  • In the event that anyone wants to submit a bias report against the Dean of Students, you can make the report directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs office, where your report will be accepted in confidence. 

While the person responding to the Bias report will endeavor to maintain confidentiality of reporters, consistent with university policy and the law, details of a bias incident report may need to be revealed (including the identity of the reporter) in certain circumstances.

If you have questions about completing this form or your reporting options, please contact the Dean of Students at 503-838-8220 or the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at 503-838-8221.