Decal Permits:

Permits are available for purchase online. Decal permits have an adhesive backing and must be permanently placed on the outside of the vehicle on the left rear bumper or left rear windshield to be valid and avoid citation. Hangtag permits must be hung on the rear view mirror facing the front windshield and clearly visible from the outside. Do not tape to the inside of the windshield. Please remove the hangtag from the mirror when driving. Decal permits are available to faculty, staff and students as follows:

A. Faculty/Staff – These permits allow individuals who work on campus to park in all lots except Lots J*, J Loop, and N.


B. Student Resident – These permits are issued to individuals living on campus. They are valid 24 hours a day in Lots G, J*, J Loop and P only.  (NOTE:  After 4:30 p.m. daily and on weekends, you may park for short-term purposes in other lots on campus while surrounding buildings are open for business.)  All other lots are prohibited.  Lot N is reserved for Family Housing residents only. Reserved spaces in lot J are reserved for Alderview residents only.  All of these areas require a special parking permit be displayed.)  Alderview residents must have a primary permit for each vehicle.  Secondary permits are not allowed for Alderview residents.


C. Student Commuter – These permits allow students who commute to campus to park in all lots except J*, J Loop, and N.


D. Additional Vehicle Permit – If you periodically drive an alternate vehicle, you may purchase an additional permit with proof of original vehicle registration. Both vehicles must be registered to you or your parents. If the permitted vehicle is registered to another student/staff/faculty or their family your account will automatically be charged the amount of the full year permit at the time the permit was purchased. If both vehicles are on campus at the same time, original full year permits are required on each vehicle.  You may be cited for misuse of a permit if you do not have a registered full-year permit on file.  All permits must be returned if the owner requests a refund.


E.  Motorcycle Permits – Special permits are available for purchase when parking in special motorcycle stalls, however a regular full-year permit must be purchased if using a regular vehicle space. If you purchase a Motorcycle Permit as your primary permit, you may not purchase an Additional Vehicle Permit for a vehicle (i.e., car, truck), but you may purchase one for an additional motorcycle.


F. Replacement Permits – A replacement permit is required to be purchased for a new vehicle (if the old one is sold), if your permit is lost or stolen, or vehicle is damaged requiring a new permit. Permits are not interchangeable between vehicles.  The replacement permit must be returned if the owner requests a refund.


G.. Emeritus permit – Retired (emeritus) faculty may apply to receive one free permit decal per year.  Any additional permits must be purchased. No current employee or student may use an emeritus permit.


I. Board member permit – Any board members that are current staff, faculty or students are not eligible to receive a board member permit.

* West section of Lot J, beyond tree line, is open to all valid permit holders.

Decal Permit Fees

Permit FeesDecalHangtagMotorcycle
Full year permit
(October 1 to September 30)
Winter-Summer permit$72$84$43
Spring-Summer permit$57$69$40
Summer permit$47$59$37
Replacement $10$22$10

Miscellaneous Paper Dangler Permits:

Term Permit (12 weeks)$47
Monthly Permit (31 days)$30
Weekly Permit (five days)$10
Daily Permit $2

Bike Locker Rental

Term Permit$20
Deposit (refundable) $25

Loaner Vehicle Permit

Loaner Vehicle Permit – If you have a full-year permit, you may park an alternate vehicle on campus for up to 15 days per year at no extra cost. The loaner permit may be obtained at the Cashiers Office, Campus Public Safety, or the Residential Service Center. After 15 days, the owner will be notified. At this time, a second vehicle permit or a day permit must be purchased to park on campus. All days used over the allotted 15 days will be charged to your account.

Visitors/Conference Permits

A. Parent Permits – Permits are available at the Cashiers Office at no charge, are valid for 10 days per term and are only issued to parents.


B. Conference/Workshop Permits – Departments or organizations holding or sponsoring workshops, seminars, meetings or events are responsible for parking permits for participants seven days a week. Group parking rates and permits are available at the Cashiers Office and are to be arranged in advance.




Office of Public Safety
(503) 838-8481 | or email:

Parking Services
(503) 838-8267 | or e-mail: | Hours: 8am-5pm