- Please leave your name off of your submissions, as this will assist us during the voting process.
- We accept short stories, creative essays, poetry, scripts/screenplays, photography, art in all of its forms, lyrics, spoken-word, and music compositions and recordings.
- Submissions must not exceed five pieces of work.
- Please be self-aware about submission length. As of now there is no specific word limit but we may choose not to feature something if it exceeds our abilities to print.
- Art must be in digital format. If possible, avoid submitting photos taken with a camera phone. Low quality photos will print poorly.
- Submissions may include a short description to help readers in understanding the piece. This is not a requirement.
- Digital music submissions will be included in the digital album during Spring term only.
- Every submission should have a title and be emailed as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions are accepted all year. However, submissions must meet the deadline to be considered for the current issue.
- The Editor-in-Chief reserves the right to edit submissions, but will not publish the edited version without the creator’s permission.
- Accepted creators must fill out the release form at the bottom of this page and return it to the editor.
Note: No more than three submissions per contributor will be published per issue, but additional submitted work may be considered for future issues. Submissions may be accepted under a pseudonym or featured as a work by “anonymous”. All submissions are read blind by the editorial board and chosen based on quality
All materials and content within this publication are property of the Northwest Passage, for the duration of first publishing rights, a six month period, after which time all content submitted by the individual contributor reverts back to the author. All materials and content printed here may not be copied, reproduced, or distributed. Any other usage must follow the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported license.
Accepted contributors, please fill out the linked form: Northwest Passage Release Form