- Open Enrollment Summary and 2023 Changes
- 2023 Open Enrollment Guide
- PEBB Virtual Benefit Fair
- Dependent Eligibility
- Forgot User Name or Password
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open Enrollment Corrections
- 2023 PCP 360 Plan – MODA Health
- Health Engagement Model (HEM)
**PEBB open enrollment is mandatory this year during. It takes place October 1-31, 2023.
What does that mean for you?
It means you must login to your PEBB portal and confirm your plans. (Failure to complete open enrollment could result in higher out of pocket costs or the loss of benefits).
This is the time that you can change any of your coverages, add eligible dependents, remove dependents, enroll, or re-enroll in a flexible spending account (FSA), change your Health Engagement Model (HEM) status, update your personal information, or update your beneficiaries. Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to make changes to your benefit packages without having experienced a qualifying life event or family status change (marriage, birth, divorce, loss/gain of other insurance, etc.).
The changes you make during Open Enrollment will be effective in the new plan year beginning January 1, 2024.
There are two (2) Actions required to complete both the Open Enrollment and the HEM:
- Action 1: PEBB Open Enrollment completion: Confirm your benefit elections, make changes, re-enroll in flexible spending accounts, AND indicate your HEM participation status for 2023. If Opting Out, you MUST take action and affirm you and your dependents have minimal essential coverage.
- Action 2: (If planning to participate in the Health Engagement Model HEM) – Complete the HEM Health Assessment Complete the HEM Health Assessment by October 31, 2023 at your current medical carrier’s website. The HEM program will provide a financial incentive in your pay of $17.50 a month if you elect to participate and an increased deductible on your health plan if you choose not to participate.The Three easy steps to participate in both are:
The Three easy steps to participate in both are:
- Enroll in a PEBB medical plan by October 31, 2023. (Be sure to say you plan to take part in HEM.)
- Take your health assessment on by October 31, 2023. Health assessments done after this date will not be accepted.
- Complete two healthy actions during the new plan year. You don’t need to report them. You just need to let us know you did them at open enrollment next year. Remember, spouses and partners don’t participate. When you participate, they get the advantage of your low family deductible.
Please refer to the Health Engagement Model landing page for links to the medical carrier’s websites, questions about healthy actions and health assessment related questions.** Plan early to complete your Health Assessment. You may need to have your password reset which can take time. For example, Kaiser Permanente may require 10 business days to reset your password.
How do you complete open enrollment?
Employees can enroll online or use paper forms.
Go to: www.Pebbenroll.com to complete this process online.
To use Paper Forms to Complete Enrollment:
Download at: http://www.oregon.gov/oha/pebb/Pages/forms.aspx. Search for Open Enrollment forms.
Paper forms can be faxed, scanned and e-mailed or sent through mail.
Please return the forms to Human Resources by October 31, 2023.
Surcharges and Optional Life Rates
- Tobacco Surcharge – $25/month if employee uses tobacco + $25/month if enrolled spouse/domestic partner uses tobacco.
- Spouse/Domestic Partner Surcharge – $50/month if spouse/domestic partner waives coverage in another employer’s group plan (non-PEBB plan) in favor of coverage through PEBB.
- Tobacco User Life Insurance Rates – The rates for optional employee life and optional spouse/domestic partner life insurance is higher for members that have used tobacco within the past 12 months.
- OEBB/PEBB double coverage Surcharge – You will have to pay a monthly $5 surcharge if you are an active full-time employee and:
- Someone in your family is covered as a member under their own PEBB or Oregon Educators Benefit Board (OEBB) plan, and
- That person is covered as a dependent (spouse, partner or child) on your PEBB medical plan.
2024 Plan Changes
General/All Medical Carriers:
- MODA Plans
- Spring Health will be available to PEBB members with Moda Health coverage beginning January 1, 2024.
- Activating your Spring Health account and Moments exercises are at no cost to the member;
- therapy visits are available with the member’s regular cost share.
- Your care with Spring Health is private and confidential. Dental members with a Moda medical plan: 833-681-2117
- Dental only members: 844-827-7100 (current dental phone number)
- 2024 Handbooks and Webinars can be found here: https://www.modahealth.com/pebb/planmaterials/handbooks.shtml
New: 24/7 virtual care. Kaiser Permanente clinicians are available day or night, 24/7, for urgent care needs via on-demand video and phone, no appointment necessary.
- Kaiser Permanente Dental brochure
- PEBB plan comparison flyer
- 2023 Benefit Summaries – Full-Time| Part-Time
- New member flyer – English| Spanish
- Care away from home brochure – English| Spanish | Chinese
- Dependent out-of-area coverage flyer
- Alternative care benefit flyer
- Vision care at Kaiser Permanente flyer
- Mail-order pharmacy flyer – English| Spanish
- Northwest facility directory and map
- Understanding deductibles brochure – English| Spanish
- Mental health and addiction services flyer – English| Spanish
- Ginger app flyer
Medical Plan Updates
- Choice Plan Referral no longer required to see a specialist
- Statewide Plan Massage Therapy benefit added. 15% coinsurance after deductible. $1,000 annual benefit
- No changes to deductibles, copays, and coinsurance
- Providence Updates
- Increasing Behavioral Health Virtual Solutions – Focused on broad access and additional specialty support. Talkspace: telehealth provider of virtual psychotherapy for adults and teens 13+, and available through text, voice, or video options.
- Equip: virtual, eating disorder treatment for kids and young adults ages 6- 24 using Family Based Treatment (FBT).
- Charlie Health: Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) delivered virtually and available 24/7 for teens and young adults ages 11-30
Providence Choice Plan
Willamette Dental: No 2024 benefit changes
Delta Dental: No 2024 benefit changes
Kaiser Permanente Dental: No 2024 benefit changes
Vision Plans: No 2024 benefit changes
Optional Plans No 2024 benefit changes.
Opt-Out or Decline?
Opt-out is a choice that results in PEBB membership. Employees that have other qualifying medical coverage can elect to opt-out of the PEBB medical enrollment and receive a cash payment in their monthly payroll checks. Employee’s MUST attest that all tax dependents have minimal essential health insurance coverage in order to qualify. To continue to opt out of medical benefits in 2024 you must:
- Complete open enrollment between Oct. 1 and Oct. 31, 2023.
- Attest that you still have other group (employer) coverage to receive the opt out incentive. If you don’t complete open enrollment you will remain without medical coverage and lose your monthly incentive.
- Opt out is allowed for medical only and employees must attest to having other employer group coverage to be eligible. This means all current enrolled opt out employees need to complete open enrollment to attest regarding other coverage. If employees who have opted out previously do not attest, they will be removed from opt-out cash back and will be defaulted into a medical plan.
- Decline is that an employee didn’t take an action to enroll in any PEBB option (including the opt-out cash payment option). You are not a PEBB member and receive no PEBB benefits.