Charge: The University Technology Advisory Committee (UTAC) is an advisory committee charged with receiving, developing, and submitting recommendations related to the use of technology for university technology systems and academic technologies that are aligned with the strategic plan, Forward Together.
Some Key Responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain a Campus Technology Plan (CTP) that articulates a vision for implementation, adoption, integration, and maintenance of technologies across campus that are aligned with the WOU Strategic Plan.
- Review new building and renovation projects that are pertinent to the academic technology environment.
- Develop and monitor policies related to university technology systems and academic technologies.
- Prioritize proposals for new university technology systems and academic technologies and present technology financial-purchasing recommendations and plans to University Budget Advisory Committee.
- Explore and engage in reviews of new developments in university and academic technologies for potential use, relevance and future needs of the university.
- Evaluate the progress and success of technology initiatives.