Jose Perez Sanchez
NTT Assistant Professor of Spanish, Adjunct., Modern Languages
503-838-8430 | firstname.lastname@example.org
At WOU since09/16/2016
Fun factI was once a Wild Cat, now I am a Wolf, so I no longer seem to see. blue.
Course scheduleFall 2020
|11522||SPAN360||INTRO TO HISPANIC LITERATURES||T 1600-1750||ONLINE CRS|
|11211||SPAN401||ADVANCED SPANISH PROFICIENCY||-||ONLINE CRS|
|10993||SPAN101||FIRST YEAR SPANISH I||MW 1400-1550||ONLINE CRS|
Areas of responsibility
I teach a wide variety of language, literature and culture courses including all levels of Spanish language and culture, applied Spanish for the Professions, Spanish for Heritage Speakers.
- PhD in Hispanic Studies (The University of Kentucky)
- QTS (General Teaching Council for England)
- CAP (Universidad de Cádiz)
- Dual B.A. in English and Hispanic Philology, minor in Linguistics (Universidad de Cádiz)
- Spanish and Latino Literature, Film and Cultural Studies.
- Spanish Language at all levels including Applied Spanish for the Professions and Spanish for Heritage Speakers
- Spanish and Latino Literatures, Film and Cultural Studies
- (Foci:) Race/Ethnicity, Immigration, Border, Hispanic Whiteness, Afro-Hispanism, and Transnational Identities.
- Western Oregon University, 2016-Present
- The University of Kentucky, 2012-2016
- Amherst College, 2005-2006
I am interested in understanding how the structures of difference operate as well as the processes of legitimization replicate in contemporary societies. My goal is to contribute to our understanding of how cultural forms are mediated by racial signifying practices thus forming individual and collective identities. I have developed a research agenda that engages in interdisciplinary approaches and employs a transnational framework to study topics of race/ethnicity, immigration, border, under the lens of whiteness in coalescence with several critical theories. (See results here)
Publications and Presentations
My students presented their research in
- Día de la hispanidad. Capitolio del Estado de Oregón. 11 October, 2018.
- Organizer of the [Span-360] Introduction to Hispanic Literature Undergaduate Symposium. Western Oregon University, Department of Spanish, Monmouth: 12, 14 of March, 2018.
- Organizer of the [Span-360] Introduction to Hispanic Literature Undergaduate Symposium. Western Oregon University, Department of Spanish, Monmouth: 8, 13, 15, 24 of March, 2017.
Modern Languages Association, National Associationof Hispanic and Latino Studies, National Association of Latino and Arts and Cultures, Asociación Hispánica de Humanidades, Society for Cinema and Media Studies
Did this faculty or staff member support your efforts to succeed? Give them a Student success shout-out.