Instructor, Literature/Writing, English Studies Department
At WOU since09/16/2002
Fun factown alpacas
|All office hours are both Online and in Maaske 329.|
Course scheduleSummer 2022
|1524||TA199||SPECIAL STUDIES||-||--- ---|
Areas of responsibility
Managing Editor, PURE Insights, Undergraduate Research Journal
Interim Director of PURE
MA Teaching Writing, MA Literature, Humboldt State University 1998
BA English, Mount Holyoke College 1995
Publications and Presentations
• Sparks—published by Not a Pipe Books in July 2019 https://amzn.to/2POIMpe
• Closing the Store-- published by Black Opal Books in October 2016.
Fuzzy Logic—published by Black Opal Books in December 2015. http://amzn.to/29qUYr8
- Much Ado About Nothing--adaptation for children, performed by Apple Box Children’s Theater in July 2021
- Beowulf – adaptation for children, performed by Apple Box Children’s Theater in July 2019
- • Arabian Nights-- adaptation for children, performed by Apple Box Children’s Theater in July 2017
- • Midsummer Night’s Dream—adaptation for children, performed by Apple Box Children’s Theater in July 2015
• “Fishing Girlfriend.” Fly Fishing and Tying, Winter 2019/2020.
• “As a Punishment, It Laid an Egg.” Christian Science Monitor Magazine, Oct. 23, 2017.
• “Monsters On My Ranch.” Alpacas Magazine. Fall Issue 2017.
• “Where Are All the Alpaca Covers?” Alpacas Magazine. Herdsire Issue 2017.
• “Revision Strategies with Maren Anderson” Blog for Willamette Writers. February 2016. http://willamettewriters.org/2016/02/revision-strategies-maren-anderson/
• “Jane Friedman Keynote on Friday” Blog for Willamette Writers. Spring 2016. http://willamettewriters.org/wwcon/jane-friedman-keynote/
• "’Night Watch’ commits no crimes.” Willamette Live, Section Stage. Posted Oct 14, 2010.
• “Seussical mixes complexity, simplicity.” Willamette Live, Section Stage. Posted Mar 09, 2009 http://www.willamettelive.com/story/Suessical_mixes_complexity_simplicity142.html
“For the Suggestion Box: Office-sitting”—in the 9.1 Fall 2005 issue of Forum, an insert in CCC vol. 57, no. 1, September 2005.
Editor in Chief of the Timberline Review 2019-present
Co-Chair Willamette Writers on the River 2015-2020
Did this faculty or staff member support your efforts to succeed? Give them a Student success shout-out.