Instructor, Literature/Writing, English Studies Department
503-838-8713 | email@example.com
At WOU since09/16/2002
Fun factown alpacas
|All office hours are Online.|
Course scheduleFall 2020
|11669||LIT103||FICTION: MADNESS & MAGIC||-||ONLINE CRS|
|11102||FYS207||LIES, DAMN LIES, & STATISTICS||T 1200-1350||ONLINE CRS|
Areas of responsibility
Managing Editor, PURE Insights, Undergraduate Research Journal
MA Teaching Writing, MA Literature, Humboldt State University 1998
BA English, Mount Holyoke College 1995
Publications and Presentations
• Sparks—published by Not a Pipe Books in July 2019 https://amzn.to/2POIMpe
• Closing the Store-- published by Black Opal Books in October 2016.
Fuzzy Logic—published by Black Opal Books in December 2015. http://amzn.to/29qUYr8
• Beowulf – adaptation for children, performed by Apple Box Children’s Theater in July 2019
• Arabian Nights-- adaptation for children, performed by Apple Box Children’s Theater in July 2017
• Midsummer Night’s Dream—adaptation for children, performed by Apple Box Children’s Theater in July 2015
• “Fishing Girlfriend.” Fly Fishing and Tying, Winter 2019/2020.
• “As a Punishment, It Laid an Egg.” Christian Science Monitor Magazine, Oct. 23, 2017.
• “Monsters On My Ranch.” Alpacas Magazine. Fall Issue 2017.
• “Where Are All the Alpaca Covers?” Alpacas Magazine. Herdsire Issue 2017.
• “Revision Strategies with Maren Anderson” Blog for Willamette Writers. February 2016. http://willamettewriters.org/2016/02/revision-strategies-maren-anderson/
• “Jane Friedman Keynote on Friday” Blog for Willamette Writers. Spring 2016. http://willamettewriters.org/wwcon/jane-friedman-keynote/
• "’Night Watch’ commits no crimes.” Willamette Live, Section Stage. Posted Oct 14, 2010.
• “Seussical mixes complexity, simplicity.” Willamette Live, Section Stage. Posted Mar 09, 2009 http://www.willamettelive.com/story/Suessical_mixes_complexity_simplicity142.html
“For the Suggestion Box: Office-sitting”—in the 9.1 Fall 2005 issue of Forum, an insert in CCC vol. 57, no. 1, September 2005.
Editor in Chief of the Timberline Review 2019-present
Co-Chair Willamette Writers on the River 2015-2020
Did this faculty or staff member support your efforts to succeed? Give them a Student success shout-out.