Professional Studies in the Deaf Community B.A.S.
Has anyone ever told you that you are “connector,” bringing together people for a mutually beneficial relationship? Students in this program will learn to bridge gaps in communication among communities in areas such as education, community services and employment. If you love helping people connect despite their differences, this might be the major for you!
credits required for the Professional Studies in the Deaf Community major
of students who apply to WOU are selected for admission
student clubs and organizations are waiting to welcome you in
of students are assigned multiple advisers devoted to guiding them through their four years at WOU
Sample four-year degree plan
- Develop critical skills including: situation assessment; ethical reasoning; cultural intelligence, and research methods.
- Show your ability to collaborate and cooperate when working with colleagues, community members and other teams.
- Integrate academic foundation, world knowledge, critical analysis skills, communication skills, and language fluency by engaging meaningfully, collaboratively, and intentionally in communicative interactions.
- Education advocate
- Nonprofit management
- Community service coordinator
- Deaf community support specialist