This major is perfect for students who picture themselves working in world affairs. Not only will you acquire advanced language skills, but you’ll also gain knowledge of geopolitics, history and culture. International studies majors usually prepare for their career by studying abroad, working in a global internship or conducting field research abroad. If you’ve got a taste for international adventure, just choose the area of the globe you’d like to focus on for your degree in International Studies.
credits required for the International Studies major
of master's degree can be completed as an undergrad at WOU
of students who apply to WOU are selected for admission
student clubs and organizations are waiting to welcome you in
Sample four-year degree plan
- Apply interdisciplinary approaches to critically analyze issues of global significance
- Demonstrate reading, speaking and writing skills in a second language at a general professional proficiency level
- Increase cross-cultural knowledge through an international experience and regional study
- Cultural exchange coordinator
- International trade researcher
- Global sales manager
- NGO strategist
- Community development coordinator
International Studies minor
By combining courses from the IS core with classes from regional and topical content areas, you’ll be all set with a minor in this program. If working abroad is your dream job, or you just want to enhance your major with a global outlook, WOU’s International Studies minor option should be on your radar!