Steps in applying to ESOL program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Meet with an ESOL advisor to complete a program plan
Deadlines and key dates:
You may apply to the program any term.
Detailed application requirements:
Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission online.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- GPA requirement: Students with less than 3.0 can also provide passing MAT/GRE scores to be fully admitted. A student who has an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 to 2.99 can be admitted conditionally for the first 9 credit hours. Students can petition for conditional graduate admission via the graduate student general petition located on the graduate office website. *Conditionally admitted students will not be able to receive financial aid until they become fully admitted students and a program plan is on file.
Apply for ESOL Endorsement program admission: