The field of biology is ideal for students who are deeply interested in how the natural world works and who want to learn more about it through targeted research. You can expect to take chemistry, math and liberal arts courses in addition to biology classes, plus you can choose a focus in areas such as botany, zoology, molecular biology or field biology. There’s even a biology teacher education concentration in conjunction with WOU’s College of Education.
credits required for the Biology major
students enrolled in the Biology program
students per class on average in the Biology program
of master's degree can be completed as an undergrad at WOU
Sample four-year degree plan
- Demonstrate mastery of key concepts from the many disciplines within the biological sciences
- Demonstrate critical thinking by engaging in laboratory experimentation, field research, data analysis and interpretation at multiple course levels
- Demonstrate application of course concepts and skills by engaging in advance studies and research within areas of particular interests
- Forensic scientist
- High school biology teacher
- Pharmaceutical researcher
The field of biology is quite diverse, which means a minor in biology can take many forms. Choose to focus on cell biology and genetics if you wish, or spend time learning about plants, animals and insects in field biology. Explore the world of science as you never have before.