Move-In Day Approacheth

Well ladies & gentleman – we have come to that place. It’s like when you getting married. You plan and plan (and scheme) and plan more and yell and cry and laugh (and maybe giggle), but then when the time comes, you just say “if it ain’t done yet, oh well”. You can only be so prepared – eventually you have to jump off the roof with you woobie tied to you like a parachute and hope to heck you fly.

I think we’ll do slightly better than a 6 year-old with a woobie for a parachute, but you understand the point.

Redwolf is working. It needs some more reports, but what doesn’t?

The lab got mostly ghosted, and is now being prepared for sunday by my staff. Training is tonight, so we’ll be well prepared for Sunday.

The Online Housing Application has 2 weeks of slack (until the 10/1/06) deadline, so I’m feeling confident there too as most of the critical parts are coming together.

I’m still pretty stressed, but that will pass. Last year we sat around on Sunday, because things were smooth. I pray it is that way this year too. It’ll get busy, don’t get me wrong – but we’d like to get most of the students in without too many issues.

Well I have one actually critical thing left to do today (which is sync-ing the HMS & PCS patron DBs), and after that I’ll be feeling much better.

Signing off till after the craziness – Michael