VerCon meets WOUPortal

Today I integrated VerCon into WOUPortal. I made a UCS Developers group, and added all the staff developers. When VerCon is done, and the portal is just a little further along, I can have all the devs login, mark which Schemas are theirs, and setup either No Backup, Backup or Version Control. Easy.

John and I also talked at great lengths about possibilities for the WOUPortal. It seems like everyday I find another use for it, or something else I can wire into it. I’m very pleased. I hope this doesn’t come off as arrogant, but I think the Portal is the best thing I’ve done here so far. I think it’ll be one of the few things that outlast me. Not to mention that now all of my secure apps will be tied to it – even relying on it.

We also discussed some security issues. The more stuff we put into it, the more powerful it becomes. But access and security are opposites (most of the time) so you can’t have 100% of one and 100% of the other. The real goal here is to make them relatively even. Security will be, I hope, a very high priority. However, if an ultra-secure app doesn’t save anyone any time or effort, then nobody cares. We’ll figure it out – we came up with some great ideas. We can run those ideas through Bill and Shaun and come out with something really good.

I’m excited. It’s nice to see an app with this kind of versatility and ease of use. And it’s secure. And it’s handled everything I’ve thrown at it so far. Soon I’ll convert all the current RA, RSC, OUR tools over. That’ll be the real test. If it can deal with that… the rest is cake. Or pie. Or both! MMmmmmmmmmm