Success!

WOUPortal is on it’s feet.

On suggestion from Bill, I converted my little RezPortal for ‘my people’ down here into WOUPortal. Don’t we already have a portal, you ask? Sure, but it doesn’t work with PL/SQL code – that’s 90+% of what I need a portal for.

So I just wrote one. I made it for me, and for the RAs and the Housing & Dining staff. Then I expanded it, making it a campus-wide portal. Unfortunately, the only downside is that I can’t integrate it into Mail, Calendar, IM (…others). Yet.

I’m going to get ‘channels’ going for weather, news, even some cute little search types of things.

You can see it now if you’d like. It’s here.

Anyone on campus can use it. It just doesn’t DO anything yet (preferences coming soon…) – except for me. But the admin tool is all done. Authentication is done. I can even support public packages (and soon pass-through into the online housing app/resignup process).

Anyway, I’m happy. It’s brought me some joy of coding that I’ve been missing of late. I’m even writing comments (heaven forbid). Maybe it’s a pipe dream. But right NOW … it’s my dream.