Online Housing Application – Progress

Today I worked with support for quite a bit, and was able to get the first version of the New Online Housing Application off the ground. It took 3 versions of the pages, as well as multiple configuration changes to finally get everything to connect and sync up.

Interestingly enough, the pages are dynamically built from preferences built in the UI for our Housing Management System. I’m not totally sold on the language they are written in, but I’m feeling confident that they can make them work.

Now that Judicial is up (and hopefully stable – we’ll find out tonight @ training), getting ANYTHING up for the Online App is great news. Many of my other projects are ahead of schedule (miraculous, I know) so I can really focus on this application for the next 3-4 days. After that we’ll do the finishing touches for Move-In and get everyone connected.

Then I’ll have just a couple more days to put the finishing touches on the Online App, and I just pray that it will all work appropriately. May I be greatly blessed in my work and may it not die a flaming death like that one of Bill Gates’ presentations. Bleah.