Lisa goes to Ireland week 4/5

I’ve struggled with the motivation to sit at my computer and write about the last couple weeks, simply because nothing terribly exciting has happened.

It’s persumed that you’re going to have so many crazy adventures and experiences while you’re abroad and some weeks just aren’t excting-some weeks are normal.

I feel like I’m settled in am finally “home”. I’ve learned how to take the bus on my own, how to use public transportation, where the best places are to get groceries, and most importantly, I’ve found my favorite pubs.

Classes are going well. I find that classes here are significantly easier than back home.  As an education major, the sole purpose for me to come to Ireland was to learn about their academic system and I feel like I’ve acheived that goal. The downside however to classes being so easy, is the lack of motivation I have to actually study.

I guess when I pictured myself studying abroad, I imagined that I’d have tons of friends, crazy stories, adventures, parties etc. I imagined it never being a dull moment and much to my surprise, that’s not the case. I’m an introvert learned extrovert who doesn’t drink. I enjoy my solitute and staying in on the weekends. Lately I’ve been torn between being in Ireland and wanting to go out and experience new things, but also wanting to stay in, in the comfort of my “home” and just relax. I don’t want to look back at my time here and have regrets because I didn’t do anything. I guess this experience just wasn’t how I pictured it.

Homesickness has also taken a bit of a toll on me. There have been so many changes back home and it’s hard not being there. I feel as though my life is changing, yet I’m half way around the world and there’e nothing I can do about it.  Though I’m thankful for this experience and am excited to be here, I’m equally excited to be home.

I wish I had more to report on, but that’s all for now.