Did you know that we have three different types of audio recorders that you can check out from the library? These little beauties are perfect for recording:
- A class lecture (as long as your professor is OK with it!) to take notes on later
- An interview for a class assignment
- A podcast to put online that will bring you fame and fortune (maybe…)
- Notes on that story for your creative writing class or that article you’re writing for the school paper
- …and more!
Plus, you don’t have to worry about taking up space on your smartphone with large audio files. Here’s more info about the three types of audio recorders available for checkout at Hamersly:
The library has a brand new walk-up scanner! It is located in the Copy Center on the first floor. It allows for immediate scanning (no log-in necessary) to PDF (including word-searchable PDF), JPG, PNG, rich text, and …audio file! Yes, it will take text and convert it to a computer-read mp3 file.
You can then output the scanned documents to:
- an email address
- Google Drive (Google Docs)
- a USB drive
- a QR Code to scan with your smartphone or tablet
All functions are accessed through a user-friendly touchscreen. The scanner also has these user-friendly features:
- Face-up scanning
- Oversized scanning, up to 17” x 24”
- Adjustable platform, lays flat or cradles a book
- SmartDock, for direct, wireless transfer to smartphone or tablet
Give it a try the next time you’re in the library! As always, let us know if you have any questions about using the new scanner and we would be happy to help you.