The library has a brand new walk-up scanner! It is located in the Copy Center on the first floor. It allows for immediate scanning (no log-in necessary) to PDF (including word-searchable PDF), JPG, PNG, rich text, and …audio file! Yes, it will take text and convert it to a computer-read mp3 file.
You can then output the scanned documents to:
- an email address
- Google Drive (Google Docs)
- a USB drive
- a QR Code to scan with your smartphone or tablet
All functions are accessed through a user-friendly touchscreen. The scanner also has these user-friendly features:
- Face-up scanning
- Oversized scanning, up to 17” x 24”
- Adjustable platform, lays flat or cradles a book
- SmartDock, for direct, wireless transfer to smartphone or tablet
Give it a try the next time you’re in the library! As always, let us know if you have any questions about using the new scanner and we would be happy to help you.