Boy, lately?

Well, it’s been a busy coupla months. That happens 🙂
Zhijing and I have spent a lot of time the last few weeks tuning the Program&Course Request/Approval system. All faculty will/can use it, making it pretty high profile. Jing has done a great job for a large project early on with some moderate changes late in the game!

I setup an iMac on my desk to more easily monitor the network. I’ve given up aspirations of becoming a super-duper-Unix-monkey … and relegated myself to being a great network guy instead. Heck, I can already code so I gotta learn something else, right? Speaking of networking, we’ve nearly finished implementing all of our Cisco equipment (security, access control, wireless, VPN, monitoring, …). I’m pretty excited to get some training on all this new equipment. I think we can really make this place safe and run real smoothly.

We made it through move-in with few to little issues. Each year we automate a little more, so our only real issues were things like a new version of OSX and Vista’s ever-increasing list of … specialities. Overall it was pretty good.

I’m still plugging away at my master’s degree. This term is Organizational Leadership. I’ve actually learned a lot, though this may turn out to be my last seat class. I have some real interesting projects coming up soon. I’m excited to get some time to work on them.

I have a new fence. It’s awesome. I didn’t build it 🙁

VoIP phones are still a champ. Just need to find a compatible headset for this … really … unique little pluggy-thinger-ma-bob. Hmm.

My pile of mini’s continues to grow 🙂 One day I’ll make a cluster/cloud and run something cool. Seriously. Cool.

Lately, I’ve been losing the hope that one day I’ll actually get all this stuff on my todo list done and be able to build new and interesting things. Oh well. A guy can dream can’t he?