Nonpartisan

I’m genuinely nonpartisan, but it must be mentioned that someone came to campus this last Saturday and created quite a stir.

This person could be described as either famous or infamous.

It’s not my job to pass judgment, and by no means am I political. But someone mentioned that they saw this and I had to blog it:

I’m really not sure if they are in support or not. But it’s the funniest thing I’ve seen all week.

OK, I lied. I will get political for a minute.

You know what I’d like? I’d like someone to run for President who hasn’t been bought (and sold) by “Big Oil”, the Detroit Three, the NRA, and every other lobbyist group out there with money and an agenda.

Demo-licans
Republi-crats

Wow are we confused…

I’d like a president who can balance his/her own checkbook.
I’d like someone who loves their spouse and takes good care of their kids.
I’d like someone who has personal integrity and does what is right when no one is looking.
I’d like someone who understands how this country was founded, why and understand the terrible price we paid to keep it.
I’d like someone who was more willing to use money to feed children, the needy and helpless – instead of maintaining status quo with the Fat Cats.
I’d like someone who would take care of our country first, before trying to save other countries.
I’d like someone who could give our youth a hope and a future.
I’d like someone who is more concerned with our economy and the environment than our standing army.
I’d like someone who will keep the government out of my house, let me raise my kids the way I think is best (within appropriate moral law), and not try to dictate every action, thought and desire I have.
I’d like someone who doesn’t think that legislating the majority to fix the tiny percentage of the minority is the perfect solution to every problem.
I’d like someone who isn’t so concerned about Political Correctness that they are scared of their own shadow.
I’d like someone who is offended by people cowering to the vocal 1% who are ‘offended’ at EVERYthing and can’t seem to get along with ANYone.
I’d like someone who know that the official language of the United States is America (not to be confused with English), and that the US is a melting pot of cultures, but that we have our own culture here. Feel free to join in, but expect to learn English, to celebrate Thanksgiving & Christmas and watch baseball on TV. Eat an apple pie – it’s good for you!
I’d like someone who says that right is right and wrong is wrong.

So maybe I’m young and idealistic. Maybe more of us should be.

Anyone wanna comment?
I dare ya 😉

I’ve never seen a candidate like this. It’s too much glitz and glam. Too much dump poop on the other guy. It’s suits and limos and Secret Service.
Really? Does anyone of US live that way? Why can’t the president be one of us? Someone who understands the lower class, the middle class AND the upper class? Wouldn’t that be weird?
I’m ready for weird.