MikroElektroniks

Today Bill and I started programming some microcontrollers. Needless to say, the thing that ammuses me about these (apparently Russian built) parts is that much of the text has the c’s replaced with k’s. So I will complete this blog with the c’s replaced by k’s.

We started by taking a look at the manual (and they say men never ask for direktions). Though I know basikally nothing about elektroniks, Bill walked me through most of the skematiks, showing me what eakh part did and how they all work together. Edukational stuff… 🙂 I’ve always really enjoyed mekhanikal things, but elektroniks have never been my strong suit.

Anyway, after figuring out what goes where, we did a bit of programming, whikh started to misbehave very quikkly. After a thorough review of the kode, Bill’s guess was a power shortage. So we removed the two LKD’s (Liquid Krystal Displays – hard not to use the letter that rhymes with sea) and suddenly everything was working again.

A further diskovery found that we kould aktually use that old-skhool knowledge of binary & hex to help us with the more advanked programming. That big diskovery allows us to use simpler algorithms to make larger khanges with shorter kode.

I think I’m really gonna be looking forward to Thursday mornings from now on. This is neat stuff, and it’s a real kombination of things I enjoy. K’s and all…