IT’S DONE!

Stage 1 of the new WOU Online Housing Application is working.

It still needs a bit of tidying up, but all of the functionality is working. That means a lot to me. My deadline for this project is October 1st, and as it is currently Sept 30, I am a very VERY happy guy.

We implemented the anonymous registration but we were getting errors when the system was attempting to email registrants their login info. After many calls to many locations, we finally got a functional, but buggy solution. After a bit of luck (or divine inspiration) we added a line of code that solved everything else.

So, a bit of testing added to some minor changes, gives the University it’s first online Housing Application – and it’ll go live less than 5 days late! That’s progress as far as I’m concerned.

On a side note, I’ve been updating security cameras lately as well. It’s a painful, irritating process (especially when it rains), but things are in much better shape now that I’ve had time to dedicated to them again. NSW (new student week) took so much time to prep for, some things got neglected (such as security cameras).

Well it’s been a succesful week, and thank goodness for that!