Missouri BookStore

Today was a momentous occasion. The WOU Bookstore has a MBS (Missouri Book Store) system that has the ability to interface with our CBORD system. Mike Ross first worked on this project over 6 years ago, and today we made the first successful transaction.

This MBS CBORD interface has been worked on MANY times by multiple people is multiple departments. In the 3+ years I’ve been here, I have called support and worked with Telecom and Mike Ross many times, but to no avail. Yesterday we used the CBORD specifications to ‘re-wire’ the connection with a positive result.

The transactions still weren’t going through yesterday, but a CBORD technician whom I respect greatly has been emailing with me back and forth all day. Finally after many questions and changing some MBS stuff, we posted the successful transaction(s) (which we then VOIDed – and the VOIDs posted as well).

All seems well now, except that Karen will have many questions and might even have to reconfigure much of her operation to streamline this new opportunity for increased sales, campus inter-departmental collaboration and student access.

And this is one big NICE JOB to Mike Ross.