Upgrade Day

Today, lovely as it was, I spent the whole day inside on my computer upgrading our Housing Management system to a new version with support in New York. As they started at 6am, I started at 3am this morning – so I’m coming up on my 14th hour today (with at least one more to go).

But I don’t mind so much. Yesterday was the 4th of July, and as I’m a true patriot at heart, I really enjoyed this weekend. Didn’t get much sleep though 🙂 Can’t win them all…

So the upgrade seems to have gone well, except that we are getting this weird network connection error message on the Dining UI side. I’m waiting for support to call me back right now. He didn’t know off the top of his head what the problem was. But hopefully he’ll figure it out, fix it, I can test it, reinstall the UI’s downstairs and go home. I could use a nap. Especially since we moved 12 yards of dirt this weekend to make my backyard. I have 10 more yards coming tomorrow, so hopefully my tan won’t turn into a sunburn.

Well, that’s all for today. It’s been long, and I’ve been tired all day, but we’ve made lots of progress. Besides – we’re like 90% there.

(that was for Bill)