Send Pro: Rate & Create a Requisition

SendPro has a function that lets you pick the class, shipping speed and price of your shipment without the needing to actually print out a label! This tutorial will walk you through the steps to use the “Rate and Create a Requisition” application. You can either watch the video or just follow the written instructions. I mean, or both, I’m not your boss- you do you.

1. From the home page, select the second option, “Rate and Create a Requisition”. This will give you the ability not only to create an order, but also to designate how you would like it shipped.
  2. This first page is where you will enter your recipient’s information. Note that ALL FIELDS WITH A RED ASTERISKS MUST BE FILLED OUT. If they aren’t then the system won’t let you process the requisition.
  3. After filling in all of the information, click the “validate” button. You will always get an alert after validating an address. Usually this is because the system has located or verified the “last four” of the zip code or corrected the formatting on a directional… something mundane. Simply double check that the system hasn’t made any really dramatic changes, and then click the “update address” button. If you’d like to learn about how to save your records to an address book, click here [To Be Written]
  4. A second warning might pop up at this point verifying whether you are mailing something to a residential or commercial address. The system does this automatically so we don’t have to know off the top of our head which addresses are residential and which are commercial. Just click past the warning.
  5. Next, you will need to indicate the Index number or Cost Center code you want your mailing to be charged against. You may either enter the information in by hand, or click the magnifying glass to search for your index number. After entering the information (not case sensitive) hit the tab button to get the system to check it. Once the magnifying glass turns green, you’re good to go. I update index numbers quarterly, but if your needed index is not in the system, please email me so I can correct the error.
  6. Next, enter the package weight. Do not be overly concerned about accuracy here! There is no need to go out and buy a scale or anything, regardless of what you put, I will be double checking the shipment weight before it goes out. Your weight guess will affect the price of what you are sending, however, so here is a link to my handy chart to help you figure out how much your mailpiece might weight.
  7. Last, you get to pick which carrier/class you use. *What I suggest* is to select either select “Low Cost” or “Overnight” from the rate group, then click “Rate”
  8. Once you’ve gotten the rate breakdown, you are able to modify/tweak settings to get other costs.
  9. Once everything is set to your liking, click the green “Print” button. Print out the piece of paper and attach it to your shipment securely with tape or a paper clip. Then either bring it to me, or place it for pickup!
About Amanda Bales 39 Articles
Mail Services Supervisor, former student worker. I have a BS in Psychology/Communications and a MS in Counseling. And I work in Mail.