Home » Interstate Passport ProgramMenu
Interstate Passport Program
Western Oregon University is a member of the Interstate Passport Network, which provides a framework for block transfer of lower-division general education based on learning outcomes in nine areas:
- Foundational Skills: oral communication, written communication, quantitative literacy
- Knowledge of Concepts: natural sciences, human cultures, creative expression, human society, and the individual
- Crosscutting Skills: critical thinking and teamwork/value systems
Each Network member institution has its own Passport Block—a menu of lower-division general education courses and learning experiences by which a student can earn the Passport. Students who complete our institution’s Passport Block with a minimum grade of “C” or its equivalent in each course or learning experience will be awarded the Passport-Lower Division General Education (Passport-LDGE) by our institution. Those students who later transfer with a Passport to another Network-member institution will have their learning recognized; they will not have to repeat or take additional courses to satisfy lower-division general education requirements in the Passport’s nine areas.
The Passport completes all General Education requirements at WOU!
For students the Interstate Passport program offers:
- An early milestone on the way to a credential.
- Advance knowledge that lower-division general education learning in the Interstate Passport’s nine areas will be recognized upon transfer to another Network member institution.
- The potential for faster time to degree, lower cost, less debt, and lower foregone earnings from unduplicated learning.
- A streamlined transfer process and a greater likelihood of successful transfer and completion.
You may review the Western Oregon University Passport block requirements to learn what is required in order to complete a Passport at WOU.
If you wish to learn more about the Passport, including a list of other institutional members in the Interstate Passport Network, please visit the WICHE Interstate Passport website.