How to Plan a Campus Event
Are You Looking to Host an Event on Campus?
We are here to help! Student engagement offers Event Advisement for anyone planning an event on campus.
Meeting with an Event Advisor is a requirement if you are hosting your event in certain buildings on campus.
8 Weeks Prior to The Event:
- All events should plan to meet with an Event Advisor 8 weeks out form their event date
- The process for bringing outside guest speakers, vendors, performers, etc. needs to begin 8 weeks before the event date
6 Weeks Prior to The Event:
- To reserve space the event space must be reserved through Astra 6 weeks prior to the event
- To follow advertising guidelines, your event must be posted to Presence 6 weeks before the event to go through te approval process
- To serve outside catered food, catering must receive a catering waiver with all information 6 weeks prior to the event
4 Weeks Prior to The Event:
- To order catering from campus dining the request must be submitted 4 weeks in advance
2 Weeks Prior to The Event:
- To place posters up in academic and non-academic building they must be approved by VPSA 2 weeks in advance (Note. To follow the ODS guidelines posters must be placed up 72 business hours before the event)