Student Complaint Process


Western Oregon University aims to resolve all student complaints in a fair and expedient manner. Students wishing to file a formal complaint must first seek resolution through the applicable institutional grievance process. Details about the available processes can be found on the Student Complaints and Concerns page.

If a complaint cannot be resolved internally:


Other available processes
May be pursued in addition to the process listed above


– Incident of bias
– Student of concern
– Incident of sexual misconduct
Online forms for reporting an incident of bias, a student of concern, or an incident of sexual misconduct, are available on the Student Affairs website.
Service Members, Veterans, and their families
– GI Bill recipients may submit feedback and/or complaints to the VA Opens in new window.
– Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) and Tuition Assistance (TA) Scholarship recipients may submit feedback and/or complaints to the Department of Defense Opens in new window.
Federal Financial Aid Recipients Feedback can be sent to .
Accreditation related (eligibility requirements, standards for accreditation, or policies) Complaints may be filed with WOU’s accreditor, NWCCU, on their Complaints webpage



State Authorization

Beverly West | 503-838-8796 | e-mail: