What is “State Authorization”?

Distance education for out-of-state students

Western Oregon University’s online programs provide a path for students to expand their horizons, with the flexibility to fit their lives. State Authorization allows us to offer these opportunities to students residing outside Oregon.

Authorization Status By State

Out-of-state internships

Many students at Western Oregon University earn credit by completing an internship. Through State Authorization, our students are able to accept internships that take place outside of Oregon.

Internship Approval Status By State

Student Complaint Resolution

State Authorization supplements and supports the student grievance process at Western Oregon University.

Student Complaint Process

Professional Licensing Disclosures

Program-specific information about state professional licensing requirements, as required by 34 CFR §668.43 and participation in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA).

Professional Licensing Disclosures


State Authorization

Beverly West | 503-838-8796 | e-mail: westb@wou.edu