Division: Human Resources
Classification: GOVERNANCE & LEGAL
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8490
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President and General Counsel||The Office of Human Resources|
|Faculty and Staff|
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
(1) Except in cases of illness, absence from the country, or official leave of absence, the Grievant shall be present in person when the grievance is presented and at any subsequent hearing.
(2) Failure to take action within the time limits specified at any step, including any extensions, shall be considered acceptance by the Grievant of the decision. Failure of the administration to communicate the decision on a grievance at any step within the time limits, including any extension thereof, shall allow the Grievant to proceed to the next step.
(3) If, at any time, a Grievant seeks resolution of a grievance through any agency outside Western Oregon University, whether administration or judicial, Western Oregon University shall have no obligation to proceed further under this procedure with respect to such a grievance.
(4) A Grievant may withdraw a grievance at any time.
(5) A Grievant will not be allowed to utilize more than one grievance procedure in pursuing relief from a given grievance. Should a Grievant be entitled to utilize more than one grievance procedure, a decision must be made at the time of filing the initial grievance concerning which grievance procedure will be followed.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
LAST UPDATED: 09/22/2016
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
Stat. Auth.: ORS 351
Stats. Implemented: ORS 351
Hist.: WOSC 3-1988, f. & cert. ef. 12-15-88; WOU 2-1997, f. & cert. ef. 5-28-97; WOU 2-2004, f. & cert. ef. 8-4-04
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: WOU OAR 574-010-0068
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|
|Grievant, hearing, procedure|