Division: Business Affairs
Classification: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8201
Contact Email Address: BusinessOffice@wou.edu
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President for Finance and Administration||The Business Office|
|Faculty, Staff and Students|
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
(1) All persons operating vehicles on the Western campus are responsible for knowing and adhering to the regulations stated herein. The regulations are enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week, unless otherwise authorized and posted by Parking Services.
(2) The responsibility for locating a legal parking space rests with the operator of the motor vehicle. Lack of space is not a valid excuse for violating any Western parking regulation.
(3) Persons whose motor vehicles have broken down on campus property must immediately notify Public Safety. Major mechanical repairs to vehicles on campus property are prohibited. Abandoned or inoperable motor vehicles remaining on campus property for more than 72 hours may be removed at the owner's expense. Unlicensed vehicles parked on campus will be considered abandoned and subject to removal.
(4) Western assumes no liability for personal injuries, injuries to others, or for the care and/or protection of any vehicle or its contents while the vehicle is operated or parked on campus.
(5) The vehicle registrants or users are responsible for traffic violations on campus involving their vehicles. Failure to pay fines will result in fines being placed on accounts receivable, loss of parking privileges, vehicle immobilized or booted, and/or notification of the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles when applicable.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
LAST UPDATED: 08/11/2016
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
Stat. Auth.: ORS 351 & ORS 352
Stats. Implemented: ORS 351.070 & ORS 351.072
Hist.: WOSC 1-1992, f. & cert. ef. 4-16-92; WOSC 1-1994, f. & cert. ef. 8-12-94; WOU 2-1998, f. & cert. ef. 7-24-98; WOU 2-1999, f. & cert. ef. 7-27-99; WOU 3-2002, f. 10-7-02, cert. ef. 10-15-02; WOU 3-2003, f. & cert. ef. 10-28-03
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: OUS OAR 574-085-0030
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|