Division: Student Affairs
Classification: ACADEMIC & STUDENT AFFAIRS
Contact Phone Number: 503-838-8327
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Petition By Student for Change in Personal Record|
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||UNIVERSITY CONTACT|
|Vice President for Student Affairs||Office of the Registrar|
|Faculty, Staff and Students|
|FULL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY|
The student shall have the right to review with appropriate institutional personnel any information contained in his records and to petition appropriate institutional officials as defined in institutional regulations for additions or deletions to the record where the accuracy of the information in his file is in question, except in the following instances:
(1) Records created or maintained by a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist or other recognized professional or paraprofessional acting in a professional or paraprofessional capacity or assisting in that capacity.
(2) Records created, maintained or used only in connection with the provision of treatment to the student and not disclosed to anyone other than individuals providing the treatment; provided that the records can be personally reviewed by a physician or other appropriate professional of the student's choice.
(3) Records relating exclusively to an individual in that individual's capacity as an employee.
(4) Financial records and statements of the parents of students or any information contained therein.
(5) Confidential letters and confidential statements of recommendation that were placed in the educational records of a student prior to January 1, 1975, provided that the letters and statements were solicited with the written assurance of confidentiality or sent and retained with a documented understanding of confidentiality and were used only for the purposes for which they were specifically intended.
(6) Confidential letters of recommendation and confidential statements of recommendation that were placed in the educational records of the student after January 1, 1975, respecting admission to an educational institution, respecting an application for employment or respecting the receipt of an honor or honorary recognition, provided that the student has waived rights to inspect and review letters and statements of recommendation.
|REFERENCED OR RELATED POLICIES|
|RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS|
LAST UPDATED: 08/11/2016
HISTORICAL DETAIL NOTES:
This policy previously was an Oregon Administrative rule.
SOURCE: Previously Referred to as: WOU OAR 574-040-0035
|FOR POLICY WEBSITE INPUT (public audience keyword search)|
|accuracy of the information, student records, changes|