This recruitment will be used to fill current and future hourly, grant-funded Traffic Safety Education Trainer of Trainers (ToT) positions at Western Oregon University. In order to maintain an active status within the pool, applicants will need to reapply each September.
The Traffic Safety Education (TSE) program is grant-funded by Oregon Department of Transportation – Transportation Safety Division. This program is responsible for training and certifying all ODOT- TSD approved Driver Education (DE) instructors in Oregon, as well as providing continuing education opportunities for instructors and providers.
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the ODOT approved Traffic Safety Education curriculum to prospective Candidate Instructors. A minimum of one full course each year or three full phases ($37.50 per hour. All other duties as assigned are compensated at $30.00 per hour)
- Participate in revising and updating the ODOT approved Traffic Safety Education curriculum for both the novice driver and instructor training programs.
- Develop and present workshop content, which may include but is not limited to Core Refresher Courses.
- Participate in assessing candidate ToT knowledge and skills, training candidate ToT’s and mentoring them using co-teaching opportunities.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to providers and instructors as assigned.
- Attendance at all team meetings (unless pre-arranged supervisor approval has been granted).
- Ability to work weekends and travel to various course locations within Oregon
- Currently certified Oregon Driver Education Instructor in good standing
- Expert knowledge of the Oregon Playbook curriculum
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with adult learners
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience and qualities
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks and timelines
- Ability to brainstorm, be creative, be flexible, and learn new information
- Active in the driver education community (such as Oregon Driver and Traffic Safety Education Association, Driver Education Advisory Committee, American Driver and Traffic Safety Association, etc.)
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- Employment Application Form available at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
- Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community
- Contact information for three references
- Copy of unofficial transcripts for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may also submit application materials by:
S-TSE, Traffic Safety Education Trainer of Trainers
Human Resources, Western Oregon University
345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361
with subject line: S-TSE, Traffic Safety Education Trainer of Trainers
Western Oregon University seeks diversity as a foundation of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.