Western Oregon University offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
This is a regular, 12-month, full-time unclassified position in the Sponsored Projects Office at Western Oregon University in Monmouth. The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) supports the scholarship, research, teaching, and programmatic missions of the University by providing a full range of services to faculty and staff at every stage of the grant process. From initial inquiry, through proposal development, review and submission, to grant and award management, and final closeout, the SPO is here to serve WOU.
The SPO also establishes WOU policies related to sponsored project funding, is the authorized representative on grant submissions, and serves as the formal institutional liaison with external sponsors.
The SPO provides guidance on submitting competitive, well-written grant applications. We can work one-on-one with faculty and with grant writing teams. We develop and deliver grant writing education programs and workshops for faculty. We interpret federal regulations to effectively comply with funding agency requirements. Throughout the grant life cycle, the SPO fosters relationships internally and externally and is here to advance institutional growth. https://wou.edu/spo/
This position is responsible for assisting with all aspects of grant accounting and administration to ensure compliance with sponsor regulations and timely and accurate reporting. Primary responsibilities include reviewing and approving transactions for research grants; drafting contracts; researching, analyzing and preparing periodic financial forecasts and reports and all invoicing support per funder requirements and deadlines; monitoring and reconciling related accounts receivable; facilitating human resources and payroll processes for grant-funded employees; monitoring payroll charges to grants and resolving discrepancies, and providing inputs for, and verifying accuracy of, external grants and contracts.
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business administration, or related field
- Three years of administrative, accounting, or grant and contract administration experience
- Experience with budgets, ledgers, invoices, and fiscal reporting
- Experience in one or more aspects of sponsored projects administration in a research and/or service environment
- Experience with accounting systems
- Experience with grants management software and/or ERP system
- Master’s degree in in accounting, business administration, or related field
- Formal Certification in Research Administration
A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- Employment Application Form available at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
- Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community
- Contact information for three references
- Copy of unofficial transcripts for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may also submit application materials by:
S2008, Post-Award Grant Management Administrator
Human Resources, Western Oregon University
345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361
with subject line: S2008, Post-Award Grant Management Administrator
Western Oregon University seeks diversity as a foundation of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.