Western Oregon University offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
Department / Division / Job Summary
The Division of Education and Leadership at Western Oregon University invites applications for Non Tenure-Track Instructor positions in Special Education. Dependent on class availability, this this is currently a part-time position. https://www.wou.edu/teachered/special-education/
Potential courses taught include: Survey of Special Education, Introduction to Special Education, Careers in Special Education, Collaboration- Supporting Exceptional Learners, and Clinical Supervision.
**NOTE: A WOU Application and required documents must be submitted at the beginning of each academic year in order to remain in the Applicant POOL. Please contact Human Resources if you have questions.
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in special education or closely related field preferred; Master’s Degree in special education will also be given consideration
- Three years of licensed special education teaching experience
- Excellent spoken communication, written, and presentation skills
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to design and implement effective instruction through use of evidence-based resources
- Experience working with teacher candidates
- Experience with teaching in higher education and/or in online settings
- Special Education Endorsement
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dr. Maria Peterson-Ahmad, Special Education Coordinator, at email@example.com or at (503) 838-9286.
For questions regarding the application process or to submit your application documents, please contact Human Resources at 503-838-8552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/faculty
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- WOU Employment Application available at wou.edu/facultyapp
- Letter of application detailing interest in the position and a description of teaching and professional development
goals. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive,
collaborative, and diverse community
- Curriculum vita
- Name and complete contact information for three references
- Copy of unofficial transcripts for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may also submit application materials by:
F-SED, Non-Tenure Track Instructor Special Education POOL
Human Resources, Western Oregon University
345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361
with subject line: F-SED, NTT, Non-Tenure Track Instructor Special Education POOL
Western Oregon University seeks diversity as a foundation of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.