Western Oregon University offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
Department / Division / Job Summary
Western Oregon University seeks a part-time non-tenure-track Instructor of German. Usual teaching load will be 1 or 2 four-credit classes of first- and/or second-year German per quarter. Applications will be reviewed on an “as needed” basis and documents will stay in the pool for the academic year. To be considered for future years, you must re-apply each September.
September 16, 2020
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
- Master’s degree or higher in German Studies or related field; native fluency in German must be supplemented with graduate degree and teaching experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of language teaching experience at the secondary or post-secondary level; must be willing to adopt WOU German curriculum and pedagogy.
- Skills and experience to motivate students from a range of academic, cultural, socioeconomic, and linguistic backgrounds.
- Team-oriented willingness to participate in program development.
- Excellent fluency and accuracy in both German and English.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dr. Paula Baldwin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the application process or to submit your application documents, please contact Human Resources at 503-838-8552 or email@example.com.
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/faculty
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- WOU Employment Application available at wou.edu/facultyapp
- Letter of application detailing interest in the position and a description of teaching and professional development
goals. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive,
collaborative, and diverse community
- Curriculum vita
- Name and complete contact information for three references
- Copy of unofficial transcripts for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may also submit application materials by:
F-GER, Non-Tenure Track Instructor, German Language
Human Resources, Western Oregon University
345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361
with subject line: F-GER, NTT, Non-Tenure Track Instructor, German Language
Western Oregon University seeks diversity as a foundation of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.