Western Oregon University offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
Department / Division / Job Summary
The Division of Education and Leadership at Western Oregon University invites applications for Non Tenure-Track Instructor positions in Elementary Education. Dependent on class availability, this might include both full and part-time positions. http://www.wou.edu/teachered/
Potential courses taught include: Literacy Methods, Curriculum & Assessment, Diversity in Education, Educational
Technology, and Clinical Supervision.
September 16, 2020
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
- Master’s degree in appropriate field (education, content specialty, etc.)
- Three years of licensed elementary teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) and presentation skills
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to design and implement engaging and effective instruction
- Experience working with teacher candidates
- Experience with teaching in higher education and/or in online settings
- Reading Endorsement qualified
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dr. Marie LeJeune, Division Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-838-8450.
For questions regarding the application process or to submit your application documents, please contact Human Resources at 503-838-8552 or email@example.com.
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/faculty
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- WOU Employment Application available at wou.edu/facultyapp
- Letter of application detailing interest in the position and a description of teaching and professional development
goals. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive,
collaborative, and diverse community
- Curriculum vita
- Name and complete contact information for three references
- Copy of unofficial transcripts for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may also submit application materials by:
F-EEP, Non-Tenure Track Instructor Elementary Education POOL
Human Resources, Western Oregon University
345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361
with subject line: F-EEP, NTT, Non-Tenure Track Instructor Elementary Education POOL
Western Oregon University seeks diversity as a foundation of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.