The Office of Human Resources (“HR”), with other departments and offices on campus and in the state, is monitoring information to manage the spread of the coronavirus (“COVID-19). While at this juncture, there is no evidence or guidance which would counsel the University’s closure, HR wants to remind our community of resources and policies that might be relevant as information continues to emerge. As always, HR is available to answer questions and assist any employee with concerns that they may have. Human Resources is located on the second and third floors of the Lieuallen Administration Building and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-838-8490. The campus has also established a website to serve as a clearinghouse for updated COVID-19 information at www.wou.edu/coronavirus.
Information regarding specific topics that may be of interest to employees follow:
Some preventative actions that we urge all employees to follow are:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you and/or family members are sick. If you have symptoms of acute respiratory illness it is recommended by the OHA and WOU that you to stay home and not come to work until you are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants). If you believe you have COVID-19 please contact your medical provider or OHA by telephone or through their website and follow their instructions.
Here are some links available to you for updated information regarding the coronavirus – COVID-19.
HR, along with the President’s Cabinet and EPT, remains committed to monitoring and implementing updated information and guidance. Accurate information and fair, consistent application of policies and procedures will assist the University to manage our circumstances locally. We stand ready and available to answer your questions about resources available to you and the community necessary to manage the current COVID-19 situation.