Western Oregon University offers eligible employees an exceptional benefits package which includes a minimum 95% premium paid healthcare; an outstanding retirement program; generous vacation and sick leave accrual programs; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities. http://www.wou.edu/hr/benefits/
This position is in the Student Affairs division at Western Oregon University in Monmouth. The Division fosters students’ academic, personal, and professional growth; educates students to respect and appreciate diversity; and prepares students to be responsible and engaged citizens in a global community. https://wou.edu/student/
The Teacher Preparation Student Support Services (TPSSS) program at WOU is a federally funded TRIO grant program that provides services to 140 students majoring in education who are first generation, low-income or have documented disabilities. Students in TPSSS must qualify under guidelines established by the federal government.
The TPSSS program exists to help retain student in their academic pursuits until they graduate from WOU. This Student Support Service TRIO program coordinates and provides advising, programming, referral and resource information designed to assist students in their successful accomplishment of academic and life skills. Specifically, TPSSS’s objectives are to assist students in academic, career, cultural, financial, personal, and social areas as individual needs are assessed, with outcomes measured in persistence, good academic standing, and graduation rates.
The Director provides overall administration of the TRIO Teacher Preparation Student Support Services Program and is responsible for the planning, organizing, implementing, staffing, budgeting, and reporting requirements for this program. Specifically, the Director will coordinate the recruitment, identification and selection of students who participate in this Student Support Service program. The Director will develop and manage the program budget and will supervise staff The Director will also prepare reports, write program performance reviews, continuation grant documents, and grant proposals as required by the US Department of Education.
The appointment is renewed through an annual Notice of Appointment, dependent upon satisfactory job performance, continuing project needs, and/or available grant funding.
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the areas of staff supervision, budget management, program development and evaluation, and reporting and compliance with federal regulations
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with a TRIO program or similar program for disadvantaged students
- Knowledge of barriers to postsecondary education faced by low income and first-generation college students
- Professional or personal experiences in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting participants
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity
- Ability to convey written information to people clearly and concisely and exhibit strong interpersonal skills
- Prior experience administering or working in a TRIO program
- Candidates from backgrounds similar to TRIO participants are encouraged to apply
A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- Employment Application Form available at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
- Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community
- Contact information for three references
- Copy of unofficial transcripts for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may also submit application materials by:
S2007, Director, TRIO Teacher Preparation Student Support Services
Human Resources, Western Oregon University
345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361
with subject line: S2007, Director, TRIO Teacher Preparation Student Support Services
Western Oregon University seeks diversity as a foundation of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.